My lovely blogland friends

Monday 24 May 2010

New York New York



This weeks challenge from Cynthia over at Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog is 'New York, New York' and as I'd missed the deadline for the challenge last week I decided to be more organised this week. I've never been to New York and I'm  not likely to as Im a real home bird but when I think of New York, i think of the skyline, parties and glamourous ladies in their finery and here is my card inspired by Cynthia's challenge:



The sky is made by brayering some glossy card with orange and yellow dye inks and overstamping with a starry sky stamp from Non Sequitur. The skyline is cut on my Cricut. The lady is actually a bride stamp from Joanna Sheen stamped and coloured her hair and skin with promarkers then the bottom part of her dress with sakura stardust in orange.  I carefully cut her out to remove her veil and paper pieced the rest of her dress with some paper from Artylicious 'Decadent Delights' CD and highlighted the butterflies with some more sakura stardust. The moon is also from Non Sequitur stamped in black versafine and coloured with yellow stampbord ink before being triple embossed. To finish off, a sentiment from Joanna Sheen embossed with Tequila Sunrise EP.

I'm also entering this card into this weeks challenge from the lovely ladies over at CD Sunday which is 'Elegant Ladies' and The Pink Elephant where the challenge is to use Orange

I'm taking some time owing after being so busy at work for the last couple of weeks and having the day off today. Its bliss to get up on a Monday and not dash off to work. especially as it looks like another lovely day. Enjoy the sunshine if you can and thanks for looking

Claire xx

I

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Claire - love how you have used so many techniques - stunning effect. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Claire,you have put so much work into it.Thank you for sharing this with us at CD Sunday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire this card is stunning. You have such a fantastic imagination and come up with some brilliant idea.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me Claire! Have just been catching up on your recent posts and as always, I am blown away by each and every card. Your work is incredibly beautiful and unique! I'm so flattered you stop by my humble abode - Your kind comments always bring a smile! Now it's off to play with paper - it is indeed bliss not having to work on Monday! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card Claire, so much thought and work has gone into it. Thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Claire this is very elegant. Delightful sky too. Thanks for coming to New York this week and for playing with CD Sunday Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a special card, you have put a lot into this and it shows. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card and it certainly shows all the thought, time and care that went into it.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its fab Claire. The background is terrific and the image is just how I would look if I was 40 years younger, had a face and figure like that and could afford a designer dress. Oh well. I can dream.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its gorgeous - love it. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo Pretty!!! Thanks for sharing with TPE this week!!

    Pink Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...