My lovely blogland friends

Friday 14 January 2011

'Thank you' Challenge at Fairy Knoll

Hi, my second post of the day and this is my DT card for this weeks challenge from Fairy Knoll where the theme is 'Thank you', I've used this beauty called 'Blowing Kisses' she's available from Brandi's store here.

The image is coloured with promarkers and I've used spun sugar distress ink around the edge of the image and sentiment. The bps are from my Raspberry Road Designs, again distressed with spun sugar and a little victorian velvet DI. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.

I added some little heart shaped pearls to the corners. OMG do I struggle with little gems! I've tried everything from using tweezers, a cocktail stick, blue tack to pick the little blighters up but I always struggle with them, it took me longer to put them on the card than it did to colour the image! Anyway I got them on, and somehow one of them moved while the glue was wet. Aaarrggggggg! Panic! I managed to move the offending pearl back to its rightful place and was left with a nasty mark on the bp so I covered it up with a swirl cut on my cricut! I'd forgotten about these swirls, I cut a load in white card and they are soooooo handy for finishing a project and as they are white I can just colour them to match my card! Thats my tip for the week, cut out lots of white die cut swirls etc and they are ready to colour for you card, now how on earth do you control flat backed gems????????

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Karber Weekly Challenge: pearls + a digi
2 sisters: Getting girly
Top Tip Tuesday: Anything goes
Paperplay : cutie patootie


Thanks for visiting, after my battle with the flat back gems, I think I need to lie down now lol
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Claire, this is absolutely beautiful - that image reminds me of my daughter!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so soft and pretty! I love it.

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Claire! I love the swirl... thanks for the tip. As for the flat backed gems, I never use any smaller than the size of a mini gluedot cut in half. That way there isn't such a struggle. Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super girly card. Love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire this card is beautiful. Love that image and all the embellishments, cute pearls. Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week, hope to see you next time.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. wot a gorjuss card. love the colours. ty for joining s at crafty sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really so pretty- I just love PINK.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    TopTipTuesday
    Glad to see you join us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!! those hearts floating off are just divine!!!! I adore all the soft pinks you have used! fabulous card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Claire the colours, design and image look super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Play challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, love all the pinks! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...