My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 7 August 2011

No card again today but

I thought I'd share some of my work from the Colouring 101 course at My Creative Classroom. I've always been a huge fan of Glenda Waterworth and I've always struggled with pencil colouring so when I spotted this course I had to enrol. Its a wonderful course and i've learned so much already. Its good to actually stop and think about the materials you're using and how they work together. So far we've looked at inkpads and how they work with different types of cardstock, water etc




I've used the types of card and inkpads I use most often in my crafting to see how they work together. I've also dragged a wet paintbrush across the images to see how the inks react with water on the different types of card (shown by the arrows at the top) and also ran a promarker blender pen across the images (the arrow at the bottom). I'll keep referring to these again and again as its unbelievable how the images differ. The stamp i've used is from the Fuchsia stamp sheet from Chocolate Baroque, I love this stamp and as its very detailed I thought it would be ideal to test the ink pads.


Once we'd tested our ink pads we moved on to experimenting adding colour to stamped images using various mediums





In week 2 we looked at light and shade, I always struggle with this but the videos are fab-u-lous and really made it a lot easier to see where I'd been going wrong. Here's some of my week 2 work. I've found it really interesting to see how different types of pencils blend and create different effects. We've also looked at adding detail to a watercoloured image with pencils.




We're into week 3 now and we're looking at colouring skin and hair as well as water and reflections etc. I always used to love watching Glenda's demonstrations on C&C so its wonderful to be able to watch the videos on My Creative Classroom. I still love my promarkers but I'm gradually getting more confident with my pencils and I love the effects you can achieve with them. I've got a little behind with work being so busy but hopefully I'll get chance to practice  this weeks techniques later
Thanks for visiting
hugs
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. This looks very interesting Claire and glad to see you're enjoying it. I quite often use several colouring mediums on one image as I like the effect.
    Can see you're doing very well and hope you enjoy the remainder of the course.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire, that blue flower is amazing, I so wish I had remembered to sign up for this course.. I have a huge problem with working out where the light comes from
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for telling us about this course, Claire. You certainly have produced some lovely colouring work!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sounds wonderful Claire, like Fliss I tend to use different mediums on one image. Will be following with interest.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...