My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 19 February 2012

Animals at PanPastel Uk Challenge

Hi there, how's your weekend going? Mine is very lazy so far after another hectic week at work but its time to stop lazing around and tell you about this weeks challenge at PanPastel UK where our theme is Animals. 



I created the scene by applying white PanPastel over my card and then masking a sun. I added the sky with Ultramarine blue PanPastel and then used torn paper to mask the hills and added the background using Permanent green PanPastel. I added the sun  using Dairyalide yellow and Red iron oxide PanPastels. I used tree stamps from Chocolate Baroque, stamping them in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then stamped the leaves using Bamboo leaves and New Sprout memento inks. Once i'd stamped in the trees I added a little more green PanPastel for some shade. PanPastels blend so beautifully it only takes a couple of minutes to create a background, I love em!! 

I don't have many animal stamps at all so I've used a digi stamp called 'Mother Deer and fawn'that I was lucky enough to win a few weeks ago. I've coloured the image with promarkers and cut it out before attaching it to my PanPastel scene with 3d foam pads. The sentiment is a stamp from Whimsy stamps. I didn't want to add lots of embellies so I just matted and layered the scene on white card and then dark green card.

It looks a bit like a spring morning, and hopefully spring isn't too far away now. I noticed that the tree outside my craftroom window is covered with little buds so hopefully we won't have long to wait for some better weather.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: animal antics
CRAFT: No designer papers
Craftroom Challenge: Cute and cuddly
One Stop Craft: Make your own background
Rogue Redhead Designs: Use a stamped background
Simply Create Too: add sunshine to your day
Truly Scrumptious: all creatures great and small

I hope you're going to join our challenge, you don't have to use PanPastels to enter and if you're our lucky winner you'll receive a fab prize from our sponsor Berni, from Your Creativity Store .... a PanPastel trial set! 

thanks for calling by today
Claire xx


25 comments:

  1. Simply Stunning Claire, Your colouring and scene making is awesome
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Claire. I have just joined the Chocolate Baroque Guild! Gonna pop over and see some of the DT work ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene Claire and your colouring brings it fully to life.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous scene Claire. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scene, have not tried these Pan Pastels but the result here is very tempting XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely animal card Claire, those Pan Pastels are great, warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card CLaire, you background and colouring are fab

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous scene, so peaceful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing scene you have created! Thanks for playing the Use a Stamped Background Rebel Challenge at RRD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire, lovely sceneic card, very spring like. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card Claire, I love the scene that you have created and the image is really sweet
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Claire, I love the whole scene, and the image is one of those "aw" moments. The effect of the Panpastels looks just beautiful, I've been looking at these for a while and think I may have to give in very soon :-). Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire, Your card is stunning. Adorable scene and creative application. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge during our Animal antics week. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card. I love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous and I love that background, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word Claire this is so beautiful that image you have coloured to perfection the design is just perfect, thank you for joining our challenge at the Digi Doodles Shop this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claire: Your card is sunshine-y--love your deer family. Thanks for entering in Challenge #7 - "Add Sunsine to Your Day" at Simply Create Too. Join our next challenge too, hopefully?

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitialDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Claire!! I love that image and the awesome scene you've created! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eine schöne Karte ist das.
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card - just wonderful! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining The Alphabet Challenge.

    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute and lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really fabuous and different card. I love that scene!

    Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge - hope to see you again there :)

    xoxo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...