My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 November 2012

An Autumn Tag

Hi there, I hope you're having a good weekend. I've had a bit of a lazy day today and had  a play with my new autumn distress inks. I missed out on them last year and I'm so pleased to have them in my inky mits (very inky now lol). I love Autumn with the gorgeous colours of the leaves but every so often you find a little remnant of summer. Yesterday when I was gardening I was surprised to find roses in bud and some cosmos still flowering in the garden. I didn't actually see any butterflies but I was inspired by the challenge over at Dragons Dream Tag it on and decided to add a couple of little 'self propelled flowers' 

Anyway back to my tag, I created the background using the wrinkle free distress technique, adding a wee bit of Tarnished Brass distress stain here and there. I stamped the Paperartsy flowers with walnut stain distress ink and then removed the background colour with a waterbrush. I recoloured the flowers with Seedless Preserve DI. I stamped some Indigo Blu butterflies on a scrap of card and painted them with Seedless preserves and ripe persimmon before giving them a coat of rock candy crackle paint.  I added the butterflies to the tag and gave them some movement by adding trails of cosmic shimmer glue pearls.


In my last order from Linda at the Funkie Junkie Boutique I got some gorgeous freebies, thank you Linda :-). I used the lovely leaf die cuts and coloured the glassine envelope with wild plum, espresso, pesto alcohol inks and latered them up over some brown velvet ribbon. I added another PaperArtsy flower topped with a little brass button and attached the envelope to the tag with a brad. The ribbon and the tiny tags at the top of the tag were also from The Funkie Junkie.

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:
Flutterby Wednesday: open challenge with a butterfly or fairy
(my line is Alcohol inks, Metallic Distress stains and crackle paint
Paper Playtime: Autumn colours
Tuesday Throwdown: Autumn leaves

Thanks for visiting today,
Claire xx

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Claire - love what you've done using the autumnal distress inks. I got my at the NEC on Thursday but not had a chance to play yet so you've given me some inspiration with your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous tag Claire. Love the DI colours, flowers and stunning butterflies. Cafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag. Very pretty. Love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing at tio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, you've created a wonderful tag, the bright colors and the texture are fabulous. Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, scrumptious colours, Claire, and I love your butterflies and leaves - delicious tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Claire, this is gorgeous, what beautiful colours, and I love your trail of glue pearls. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Claire, this is gorgeous, what beautiful colours, and I love your trail of glue pearls. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous tag I love the colours they look very lush

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire this is so pretty, gorgeous colours and love the background. Thanks for joining us at Flutterby. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, gorgeous colours and lovely work! warm greet Mirandaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your inky little mits did a inkin fabulous job! I missed out on one of the seasonal collections, but not they are all being sold! Love these colors and the background and leaves are so vibrant and gorgeous! Many thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous tag Claire, such lovely vibrant colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag Claire. So much detail (and lots of work) on such a small piece. Love the colours (obviously) and all the different techniques used.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty colors! Great tag! love those tiny butterflies! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag Claire, the colours are just beautiful.Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous rich colours Claire the lovely texture and and dimension.

    And I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend than getting all inky.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire, your tag is gorgeous, love the colours ! Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colours and I love the butterflies! I like how you've used a touch of metallic distress stain too.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tag... the colours are amazing...Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream.... May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow gorgeous tag, I really love the DI Autumn colours as well, they are beautiful to play with. Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors and the design!! What a fabulous tag!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Paper Playtime DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tag and such delicate colours and images. Thank you so much for joining in with my TIO recipe this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...