My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Gecko Galz Guest Artist: Christmas decorations

Good morning folks, my last day at work before 5 days off yippppeeeeee! Today I'm sharing a project made as part of my Guest Artist spot at Gecko Galz, I fell in love with these gorgeous images from the scrummy new Holiday Jewel Its  and thought they would make wonderful Christmas decorations.


I love to make altered microscope slides and the images from the Holiday Jewel Its really captured my imagination. I used Maimeri Glassy gel to adhere the images to the slide, the images were slightly smaller than the slides so I backed them with some white card stamped with tiny snowflakes from the Winter Spruce stamp set by Premium Art Brands. I swiped the edges of the slides with versamark and added silver embossing powder to seal them. I added little crow charms at the top with some narrow red ribbon to hang the decorations. At the bottom, I attached some metal filigree corners and then added some charms, silver bells and beads from my stash

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
ABC Christmas: transparent
Christmas at Sweet Stampin: Santa Claus
4 Crafty Girlz: anything goes
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
Crimbo Crackers: embossing

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous Claire. Love the dangly charms especially.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, who needs to buy decorations when you can create these. TFS Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous decorations, love all the charms at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so kewl :) love the decorations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful decorations thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire,what a wonderful idea,it looks so gorgeous, i really love it.
    Thank’s a lot for joining us at our T for Transparent Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
    Hope to see you again
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire,what a wonderful idea,it looks so gorgeous, i really love it.
    Thank’s a lot for joining us at our T for Transparent Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
    Hope to see you again
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning work!
    Thank you so much for entering the 4 krafty girls challenge this fortnight!
    best of luck!
    Toni-Marie Price (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation, Claire, a super gift for someone. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas challenge this time,
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so different so unusual too! LOVE them and they are a perfect gift too! thanks for playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...