My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Guest Artist at Gecko Galz: Christmas post

Good morning folks, as you can see I had a blast creating my projects for my month as Guest Artist at Gecko Galz! I've used images from Altered Christmas for this card, I really enjoyed making it as I adore mail art so its was loads of fun to use so many different mail elements in this card.

I began by printing the image out on some of my treasured perforated postage paper, before I printed I masked the white lines with some fine masking tape. The image was layered up over some recycled brown paper and I decoupaged the little cuties on their sled and also the sentiment too. 
I found the perfect backing paper for this project, its from Christmas Post by CraftWork Cards, love it! The shaped  card is also from Craftwork cards. The paper has been edged with a gold krylon pen


I layered the image up over one of the post cards and some pompom trim and red seam binding ribbon. Next i added some of the cute little Christmas stamps from Altered Christmas and lastly a die cut flower and card candi also from Craftwork Cards.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Come and Get it: any faux technique (faux postage for me)
Craftitude: anything goes/beginning with S (my s is stamps)
Crimbo Crackers: Christmas birds
Winter Wonderland: wrap it up

thanks so much for visiting today, do nip over and check out all the new goodies from Gecko Galz, and don't forget to sign up to the monthly newsletter as you get a gorgeous image sheet as a freebie every month!
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Claire, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Claire ! Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the details and the wonderful images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this it's so vintage looking!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Claire! What a fabulous piece. Need to pop over to see the rest of your projects. Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card for our Faux Anything Challenge at Come and Get It Claire. So many wonderful elements to your card and love the Faux Postage. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love it - such wonderful details and I love the postage theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative! Love all the different elements. And the shape of your card is really awesome.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card. Love the vintage feel to it and the creative paper choices to follow the mail theme. The shape and the pompom trim are so playful...perfect for the image. Thanks for joining our S is for ... Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...