My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Steampunk Parrot from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, today's card is one that I didn't get round to blogging when the fab Steampunk Birds stamps were released at Chocolate Baroque, I adore these stamps and this one is a particular favourite as I just love parrots too.

The background was made with distress inks in assorted shades of green and overstamped with the fern leaf from the Autumn Fairies stamps. The verse is another old favourite stamp from Chocolate Baroque. I've used a die cut bird card and some little flowers punched from fantasy film left over from making the birdie.


I made the bird using scraps of fantasy film and fibre, inking up the stamp with Gold Stazon and layering the image up to build the colours - this is actually a yellow crowned steampunk amazong lol. Here's my parrot Sammy who was my inspiration for this card


Isn't he a handsome boy? He's a very cheeky chappie too, his favourit trick is to lift his wing up and say 'Tickle Tickle Tickle' bless him :-)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody: anything goes
Dream Valley: No Designer paper
Fantasy Stampers: anything with wings
Quirky Crafts: birds, bugs and butterflies
Sugar Creek Hollow: Fibres and texture
Stamplorations: stamps and feathers

thanks for popping by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. Just fabulous! Love the vibrant green hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing creation, - love how that parrot turned out, so dimensional! Real parrot looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Claire - just realised I have the wherewithal to have a go at this - hmmmm - sounds like a plan! Love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I've always wanted a parrot but I'm not allowed!!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great source of inspiration for your card, Claire - he is most definitely a handsome chap!

    I love the inky background on your card, a perfect backdrop for the gorgeous layered parrot. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers this week and good luck, hun.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Claire, thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. Sammy is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire - you really captured your parrot - gorgeous! I also like your layered background! Great that you found your way to STAMPlorations - I hope you'll play with us in future challenges as well! Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely creation, thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire! What a stunning creations, I love the artsy background and the colors of the parrot. Thanks for joining our January Challenge at STAMPlorations -we start with a new sketch challenge tomorrow, I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh das ist ja ein bezaubernd geworden.
    Hab lieben Dank für deine TN bei der Stempelsonne
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...