My lovely blogland friends

Monday 8 December 2014

Steampunk Jellyfish from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, Monday already so its back to work for me but before I go here's a bookmark made using the fabulous jellyfish stamp from Steampunk Funky Fish from Chocolate Baroque. When I first saw this stamp, the tentacles reminded me of a tassel so I put my thinking cap on and came up with the idea of a book mark.


The background was from my pile of inky papers, made with distress inks in Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn and sprized with mica spray. I covered the wet inky background with cling film and left to dry, unfortunately you can't see the mica in the photos.

I stamped the Jellyfish with Memento Tuxedo Blank ink and added some stencilling with sequin waste and Chipped Sapphire distress ink. 


To add a bit more interest I had a rummage in my craft room and found some Fantasy Film so I dusted of my iron and created the 'umbrellas' of both Jellyfish and attached them with some glue.

To finish off I inked around the edge with more Chipped Sapphire and of course I had to add a tassel.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks: animals
A Little Bit Crafty: Anything goes but not Christmas
Allsorts: animal magic
House that stamps built: anything but a card

Well its time to venture out into the cold and get the bus to work. Its all good fun lol
have a good day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love all the bright colours :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful make Claire especially love tyhe colours.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the image & hadn't read your post when I thought how brilliantly the tassel echoes those jellyfish tentacles so when I read what you'd written I had to really chuckle. I love the luminescence created by the Fantasy Film jellyfish umbrellas.The background is very evocative of rising bubbles.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...