My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Thinking of you at Eclectic Ellapu

Good morning folks, it's March already so hopefully Spring will be here soon and it also means it's time for a new challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu and for the pink team this month our theme is 'Thinking of You'. As always my teamies have made some really beautiful projects and the lovely ladies on the purple team have a fab challenge theme lined up too so if you have a min pop over and check them out.


I've made a card using some of my favourite stamps from Chocolate Baroque. The gorgeous geranium image is from the lovely Flora and Fauna A4 stamp sheet and I've used the same stamp for the focal image and the background. For the main image I've stamped the image in versamark and embossed with white EP to try and give that lovely variegated look you see on some geranium leaves. I've painted the image with distress inks and splashed some diluted inks around the image (Peeled Paint,, Bundled Sage and Wilted Violet)


For the background I've used the same stamp but just inked up the top part (flowers and leaves) with versamark and stamped randomly over my cardstock before again embossing with white EP. I've used distress inks and the acrylic block technique over the embossed images.

The sentiment is one of my favourites, again from Chocolate Baroque, this time from Words of Comfort and Cheer, I've stamped it on some scraps of the background card using Elderberry Memento Ink. It's hard to see on the pic but the sentiment reads:

'If knowing that someone cares helps the healing process
..... then you should be feeling better already'

To finish off I've added faux pearls, lace, ribbon, paper flowers and a pretty heart shaped wooden button.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy: Shabby bingo
 (my line is distressing, something new (violet ink pad), texture and ribbon/bow)
Ooh La La: add a sentiment
Simply Papercraft: Anything goes
The Ribbon Girls: use any image

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I love the colours and how you have the same stamp in the background...the shading is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Claire, I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute shabby card. I love colors. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, the bow looks stunning

    thank you for joining in with the crafty friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. Many thanks for taking the time to share at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, the background you have created is gorgeous and a perfect fit for the topper. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I love the colors and techniques you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...