My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 14 August 2016

Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes at We Love 2 Create

Good morning my lovelies, how's your weekend going? It's chaos here as usual with our 9 month old puppy Benji causing mayhem and destruction. He likes to help when I'm crafting too and sticks his nose in to whatever I'm making, yellow paint on paws is not a good idea lol. Anyway back to business and this morning I'm sharing a project for our new challenge over at We Love 2 Create where our theme is 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes'. You don't have to use our products to enter and we've got some lovely crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands waiting for our lucky winner too!


I've altered an MDF Butterfly for this project, I began with a coat of white gesso and then applied Bright Yellow Green PanPastel. I used a Dutch Doobadoo stencil and added versamark with cut'n'dry foam before applying Bright Yellow Green and Yellow Green shade Pans. I cleaned the stencil and popped it back over to  use one of my favourite techniques for the background,.  I reapplied the stencil and them added Maimeri Glassy Gel Medium before removing the stencil and sprinkling over tiny microbeads



The flower and butterfly are both stamps from Stampendous, I used a sparkly EP and coloured with shades of Turquoise PanPAstels, adding little gems to the flower centres and layering them up with 3d foam pads. The sentiment is from Indigo Blu, stamped with Teal Zeal Memento Ink.
I added some gorgeous wired beads that I got in my January Craft Box

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Allsorts: Butterflies
Stamps and Stencils: time to take flight
Stempelgarten: Flowers/plants
That's Crafty: Zesty Zing

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon

Claire xx


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful Butterfly creation and perfect for our Allsorts theme this week Claire, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire! had to stop by and tell you that I adore this pure magic well made. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous, bright colours, Claire! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you've used Clairey, really bright and colourful, am in awe of your creativeness as always lovely girl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your butterfly is beyond stunning! Love your vibrant colors and your fabulous design!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire! stunning work - I adore the gorgeous colours - beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at stamps and stencils this month! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project with a lovely colour palette - bright and cheerful. Love the way you added the texture to the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, your butterfly with the flowers looks so romantic! I love the colours and flowers you have used.

    Thanks for playing with us at Stempelgartenchallenge, Hugs Alma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...