My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 16 November 2016

November Colour Challenge at Chocolate Baroque

Hi there folks, how's your week going? It's manic at work as always these days and I don't have a lot of time for blogging and definitely not enough time for crafting. I'm an optimist though so hopefully it won't be too long until I win the lottery and become a lady of leisure lol. Anyway back to crafting and my project today is for our new challenge over at Chocolate Baroque where we have an autumnal colour palette based on a card I made ages ago.


I've used the colours to make a poppy themed birthday card


I began with a distress ink background, using scattered straw, barn door, peeled paint and gathered twigs and then overstamped with stamps from Nature Fragments. I love these stamps and the 'tree rings' are so useful for backgrounds. I stamped the poppy stamp with Potting Soil Archival Ink and then used a waterbrush to remove some  of the colour before painting in reds and greens with more distress inks. I added some shading with Lyra Pencils. I stamped the sentiment with versamark and embossed with gold EP.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Anything but cute: An autumn day
Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything goes
Paradise of Stamps: Anything goes
The Sisters of Craft: Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning card. The background looks amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paradise of Stamps, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow fabulous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops i meant
    thanks for playing with us at paradise of stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and rich! It looks like a rich Victorian antique desk card. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! This would make a great entry over at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Thank you for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...